Master’s Programme in Scenography and Costume Design
The course offers cultural and professional skills and the knowledge which a stage director needs if he works in the field of music theatre.
The course is based on:
- Set and costume design for Opera theatre
- Masterclasses and workshops on set and costume design
- Internships and assistentships in Italian and foreign theatres
- interaction with the master’s programmes in Opera Composition and Opera Stage Direction
- use of new technologies for digital design and videoinstallations
Workshops and Masterclasses
Organized within the frame of ENOA (European Network of Opera Academies) and with internationally renowned teachers.
Pier Luigi Pizzi
Conservatory of Verona (Casa Boggian).
Workshops and internships in Italian and foreign theatres.
A limited number of candidates will be admitted. The applicants must have successfully completed one of the following Diploma or degrees:
- Degree in architecture (old university system 5 years, or new university system 3 years);
- DAMS; Diploma at Accademia di Belle Arti, 4 years;
- degree in “Arti visive e discipline dello spettacolo” (3 years);
- Academic diploma at the ISIA
Similar degrees and academic qualifications achieved at a foreign institution may be considered. A complete curriculum vitae et studiorum and an application form have to be submitted in order to be admitted. A board of examiners will consider candidates with a different degree, who have significant training and artistic experiences in the field of Scenography and costume design.
Post-graduate Diploma “Scenography and Costume Design for Opera” issued by ISIA, Florence and Accademia di Belle Arti di Verona.