Master’s Programme in Opera composition
The course offers cultural and professional skills and the essential knowledge and exposure needed in composer in the fields of Opera, Musical Theatre and Contemporary Music.
The course is structured thus:
- Knowledge of composition for Musical Theatre and Opera, in order to create an artistic project to be realized at the end of the course
- Physiology and Vocal Technique
- Techniques of Composition, orchestration and transcription for various instruments
- Electronic media and its applications in composition
- Interactions with the concurrent Master courses in ‘Opera Stage Direction’ and ‘Set and Costume Design for Opera’
Workshops and Masterclasses
Organized within the frame of ENOA (European Network of Opera Academies) as well as with internationally renowned teachers.
Azio Corghi and Mauro Bonifacio
Conservatory of Verona (Casa Boggian).
A limited number of applicants are admitted. The applicants must have successfully completed a Diploma in composition at a Conservatory of Music together with a secondary school Diploma.
Similar degrees and academic qualifications achieved at foreign institutions will be considered.
Candidates need to fill in the application form and send it with an artistic curriculum, two scores for different instruments (one of them with singer/s)
Candidates with a different Degree, who have significant training and artistic experiences in the field of Composition, will be considered by a board of examiners.
Post-graduate Diploma in “Composition” issued by the “E. F. dall’Abaco” Conservatory of Music in Verona